Sorry for the long wait for Christmas pictures...so far I have 663 pictures loaded onto the computer from December, and I still have more to upload! So I guess this is the first installment :)
I know the date says December 29th...because that is when I started working on this post! Its a big one.
Bella is sitting up so well now! I had her all dressed up and in her new silver shoes for her six month doctor's appointment so I thought it would be a good time to take some pictures. When your parents own a clinic you should know better than to dress your baby for an appointment in something as hard to get in and out of as this...but I have to show her off :)
She was 17 lbs, 8 oz, and 25 inches. So....she was 75th percentile for her weight and 30th for her height! Poor kids going to be built like her mom

What a silly face :) She was giggling when I took this one because Noah was standing by me making faces at her :)

Cuddle time with daddy :) This was on Christmas eve while I was getting some cooking done. Tom, the partner in Brian's group, was leaving at about 4 and saw Brian stil there and told him to leave! He just smiled and said "I think you've already been here for eight hours, right Brian?" Tom is so nice! Brian didn't take off early because he used all his vacation between Bella being born and the weddings we had this year. It was a great CHristmas surprise!

Bella got worn out from all the festivities, I guess! She fell asleep in her highchair while we were making cookies
My big helper!
Mmmmm...cinnamon! Noah likes to smell everything before we put it in

Bella has started to take "big girl" baths in the tub with Noah! They are getting all cleaned up on Christmas eve

Getting ready to read books. We decided to buy a really nice copy of "The Night Before Christmas" that is very beautifully illustrated and make it a tradition to read that before we put out stockings on Christmas eve. Noah loved it so much we read it twice before he went to sleep that night and was sooooo excited for Santa to come!
Some Christmas cheer on our new chalkboard...a failed project on my part!
Santa came and ate his cookies!Noish for "Santa ate all his cookies!"
He got excited about the presents...but didn't quite understand he could get into the stocking right away!

What great presents! Bella got a box of Rice Cereal, baby food, and a tube of Orajel! Santa is so exciting!
He got excited about the presents...but didn't quite understand he could get into the stocking right away!
What great presents! Bella got a box of Rice Cereal, baby food, and a tube of Orajel! Santa is so exciting!
And Santa didn't really think through the whole stocking thing for Noah...he decided to leave Noah candy, which of course Noah got into. Right before Christmas mass. The Sugar rush hit about 10 minutes into mass.

Our BEAUTIFUL christmas sunrise! It was the first time Noah noticed the sunrise so I told him that when the sun rises in the morning it is coming up and smiling and saying "Hi, everybody!" Almost every day since then he has been excited to see the sunrise and tells us about how the sun just said "Hi everbuddies!"
Noah...getting into candy...in his church clothes. Bad Santa.
Noah opening his new digital camera!

And trying it out right away!
Opening toys on Christmas was so much fun. Noah would open one and then he would play with it for a while.....then he would open another one when he was ready and play with it for a while...and on and on! We opened presents until about 2 because we just had fun taking our time and playing with they toys as they were opened.
We found these fun socks for Bella that look like she is wearing little black shoes...and she loved them. Seriously. She played with them all day!
Bells and Mama takin a little nap on the floor...
....while Noah played with his new Hot Wheels cars nearby! And we slept through it!

Yay! Noah's first board game! Brian and I love to play board games, and we found this one for Noah...its basically a glorified matching game, and it has different variations to play as the kids get older. It's really fun! It is mostly just to get kids used to the idea of taking turns and things like that but Noah really liked it :)
Alex stopped by on Christmas for a while so we make him play a game with us :)
Brian cutting up the ham. I insisted on making a big Christmas dinner since it was our first Christmas really on our own. It was so much work it was unbeleiveable!!! We made a ham, twice baked potatotes and baked artichokes. I tried to make a jello salad but it didn't turn out well...but everything else did, so I was really happy!
Mmmm...baked artichokes and twice baked potatoes :)


Bella got a special treat for dinner, too. She got to try squash for the first time...and hated it!! The faces she made were hilarious!

Noah was very concerned about what we were doing to his sister!


At Mom and Dad's the day after Christmas. Grandpa cuddling the two newest additions, Bella and Caedmon!

Mikes first complete diaper change...he told Jonah he would change him then surprised Mike by being poopy! No one would bail him out :)



I love this pictures...Julius and Jonah got these GeoTrax sets, one is a train set and one is an airplane. Everyone was watching the kids play and we look over to see Mke playing with the other set by himself across the room! Sneaky Uncle Mike...
Airborn baby...Uncle Joe's specialty
Noah and Dad have a little tradition. When we stay there Dad usually takes Noah in the morning and they have breakfast together at the counter and watch one of the kids movies. Noah looks forward to eating breakfast with Papa!
At the Smocks the next day for Christmas with Brian's parents
We thought we were so clever...we gave my parents and Brian's parents Omaha Steaks samplers for Christmas. We tried to get them delivered the day of the Christmas celebrations we were having, but since it was so close to a holiday they couldn't promise it...so they got wrapped notes that said "Your present will arrive on Monday". My mom couldn't stand it and we told her right away (like we wer eplanning on). Brian's parents were just kind of like....okay. I guess we'll see on Monday. And went on opening presents! I was the one couldn't keep the secret and blabbed it about ten minutes later :)

Our BEAUTIFUL christmas sunrise! It was the first time Noah noticed the sunrise so I told him that when the sun rises in the morning it is coming up and smiling and saying "Hi, everybody!" Almost every day since then he has been excited to see the sunrise and tells us about how the sun just said "Hi everbuddies!"
Noah...getting into candy...in his church clothes. Bad Santa.
Noah opening his new digital camera!
And trying it out right away!
Opening toys on Christmas was so much fun. Noah would open one and then he would play with it for a while.....then he would open another one when he was ready and play with it for a while...and on and on! We opened presents until about 2 because we just had fun taking our time and playing with they toys as they were opened.
We found these fun socks for Bella that look like she is wearing little black shoes...and she loved them. Seriously. She played with them all day!
Bells and Mama takin a little nap on the floor...
....while Noah played with his new Hot Wheels cars nearby! And we slept through it!
Yay! Noah's first board game! Brian and I love to play board games, and we found this one for Noah...its basically a glorified matching game, and it has different variations to play as the kids get older. It's really fun! It is mostly just to get kids used to the idea of taking turns and things like that but Noah really liked it :)
Alex stopped by on Christmas for a while so we make him play a game with us :)
Brian cutting up the ham. I insisted on making a big Christmas dinner since it was our first Christmas really on our own. It was so much work it was unbeleiveable!!! We made a ham, twice baked potatotes and baked artichokes. I tried to make a jello salad but it didn't turn out well...but everything else did, so I was really happy!
Mmmm...baked artichokes and twice baked potatoes :)

Bella got a special treat for dinner, too. She got to try squash for the first time...and hated it!! The faces she made were hilarious!

Noah was very concerned about what we were doing to his sister!

At Mom and Dad's the day after Christmas. Grandpa cuddling the two newest additions, Bella and Caedmon!

Mikes first complete diaper change...he told Jonah he would change him then surprised Mike by being poopy! No one would bail him out :)



I love this pictures...Julius and Jonah got these GeoTrax sets, one is a train set and one is an airplane. Everyone was watching the kids play and we look over to see Mke playing with the other set by himself across the room! Sneaky Uncle Mike...
Airborn baby...Uncle Joe's specialty
Noah and Dad have a little tradition. When we stay there Dad usually takes Noah in the morning and they have breakfast together at the counter and watch one of the kids movies. Noah looks forward to eating breakfast with Papa!
At the Smocks the next day for Christmas with Brian's parents
We thought we were so clever...we gave my parents and Brian's parents Omaha Steaks samplers for Christmas. We tried to get them delivered the day of the Christmas celebrations we were having, but since it was so close to a holiday they couldn't promise it...so they got wrapped notes that said "Your present will arrive on Monday". My mom couldn't stand it and we told her right away (like we wer eplanning on). Brian's parents were just kind of like....okay. I guess we'll see on Monday. And went on opening presents! I was the one couldn't keep the secret and blabbed it about ten minutes later :)I love the look on his face! He was so excited! Sharon got Nathan and I both Wii Fit bundles!
Here we are opening them! I was soooo excited!



Here we are opening them! I was soooo excited!


Martha and I are buddies.
Meme, Pappy, and Karen stopped by to say hi. Bella had fun flirting with Meme.

Noah watching Uncle Mike and Papa playing Mario Kart on the Wii
Meme, Pappy, and Karen stopped by to say hi. Bella had fun flirting with Meme.
Noah watching Uncle Mike and Papa playing Mario Kart on the Wii






4 comments:
I love it!!! I think the best part of Noah waking us up in the morning was him yelling that he was "Nephew Noah" to us!!! It was adorable! Just like your kids always are!!!
Love the pictures. It looks like your kids had fun on Christmas and your dinner looks really yummy!! I love Bella's fancy outfit.
P.S. Bella's mom is beautiful, and Bella is not a poor kid if she's built like her mom:)
Can't wait for the next installment - these are over the top. Looks like a really fun Christmas for all and that was so nice to see. What jello salad didn't work out for you Hon? Love your stories with the pics! GMA
Oh what a fun Christmas, especially with the excitement of Noah. Opening presents until early afternoon, I remember those times, to stretch out the day and enjoy the gifts and festivities. Artichoke bake? Sounds delicious! I love Bella's expressions - they are so precious!
Post a Comment