Friday, January 30, 2009

Slacker Blogger

Hey, Everybody!


Sorry we haven't gotten any new pictures up lately....things have been hectic around here the past couple weeks. Well, actually, hectic is putting it EXTREMELY mildly!


A couple weeks ago Bella got her first two teeth...and first ear infection...at the same time. So that was an interesting week with zero sleep. Mom and dad were there that weekend, luckily, to give us a break!! But her teeth are adorable...I'll put up pics of them when I get a chance! They have REALLY changed her apperance.


The week after that, on Wednesday, I got my wisdom teeth out. Sharon was here to help me out with the kids which was really nice. The first two days, I was like, "I'm on vacation!!" as everything went really smooth and other than being loopy from the pain medicne, I was feeling pretty good! Sharon and I even packed up the kids and took them to story time at the library. And it was so great for Sharon to be here and to really have time with the kids.


That Friday I went back in to the oral surgeon because I was having some pain despite my pain medicine, and he said I had developed dry sockets and had to pack them. Which really hurt at first, but after about a half hour I was feeling great. I understand why Mike told me he hoped I didn't get them...but I just thought he was being a baby. Sorry big brother. So I was doing good until later that afternoon, when I developed a really bad headache.


A headache which kept getting worse and worse and worse, despite me taking heavy pain killers.


About six a.m. the next morning Bri took me to the ER. With a family history of brain aneurysms on my dad's side I'm more than slightly neurotic about headaches and with the oral surgery there is risk of like brain apsces and stuff. But everything was okay. I got a cat scan, a spinal tap, and final the doctor gave me a morphine shot and a shot of something else that was really strong, and we went home.


I'm not really sure what happened, but between Dad, the ER doctor, and Dr. Bycroft (the oral surgeon) I've heard some possibilities of a really bad mygraine, nerve pain from the packings (if the packings were touching a nerve that had been exposed from the tooth being pulled out), a tension headache from all the pain and trauma from my teeth....I dunno. I think it was some combination and sequencing of all the above.


Mom and Dad came down that Saturday as Sharon was heading back to Lincoln that day (and thye wanted to make sure I was alright) and Mom stayed with us until Wednesday. During which time (other than Sunday, when I had to get the dry sockets repacked and start antibiotics because they were beginning to look infected. Ugh.) I have been feeling good and could have been blogging while she watched the kids. But I was having too much fun hanging out and enjoying th elast of my "vacation".



Its amazing what we moms must do to get a few days off, huh? Any other moms with me?


ANYWAY....now that everything is coming back into order, getting pictures up is on my (very extensive) to-do list for this weekend!! We're all getting back on track for the most part and I'm done scaring people for awhile. Poor Noah doesn't know what to do with himself, though. He got an entire week of Grandmas...and an afternoon of Papa Nana, and quick visit from Mike and Becca, too. So yesterday the poor kid just didn't know what was going on in his little world and was so bored with just me! I think he's remembering how boring his little life is on a daily basis. Poor thing.
And, during all this, Bella learned to crawl, sit up by herself when she is on all fours, and clap.
I can say its going to slow down all I want...but two kids these ages? Not a chance :)


Anyway. Have a great friday, everyone.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Wow!! What a week. I'm glad to hear that you're doing well Amanda. I've heard rumors that Bella can crawl backwards. I can't wait to see pics.

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor gal! And we are really thankful that you are feeling better! I agree with Megan, can't wait to see the pictures! But, I really appreciate the update. I hope your continued recovery is smooth!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda... what a time you've had and now we know why your Mom is too busy to write also. What a cheerful note and very much appreciated to being kept in the loop. Hey, great that you and Sharon are doing so well together - way to go gal! Love, GMA
PS-Love the pic attachment of the Camp's!

Anonymous said...

Quite a story-and you had all of your wisdom teeth pulled at once -no wonder Bella had to learn to clap so soon! Did not know they did that but I think its great as having it done 1 by 1, was really misery for me. Glad you are on the road to recovery. Love GPAA

The Schweitzer Family said...

Glad your feeling better!! Dan had to get stitches when he got his pulled cause the bleeding was so bad, but nothing like you! EEKK!! I hope that doesnt happen to me. Hope everything else is going good for you guys!! Love ya'll
Jessie