Friday, April 13, 2007

Silly Noah...

This is how Noah was sleeping this morning when I went in to check on him! How silly.
But we have a question for everyone: Is Noah too young to sleep with his little teddy bear? Great Grandma Ring got him this one, and he loves it. Noah went through a little period awhile ago where he was pulling his hair and his ears when he got really tired. So we got some good advice (thanks, Chad) that we should give him something soft to play with instead. Now, he always wants his teddy bear when he is falling asleep. This particular teddy bear is very small and solid (but soothingly fuzzy) so we don't think that there is any realy threat of suffocation...
However, with that said, the question of nervous first time parents still remains: Is Noah too young to sleep with a teddy bear?
Opinions are VERY welcome and appreciated!!!!!

Peek-a-boo!




"Helping" with the laundry. He spilled this basket out all on his own, by the way.

"Hi, Mom! Whatcha doing, Mom? Can I help, Mom??"

One day while Brian and I were eating lunch, Noah got very quiet. We looked over and he was sound asleep in his high chair!

How cute is our son?


Mmmm...green beans and turkey...yummy!
Our snow storm last week! The news said we got about three and a half inches! Who would have thought you'd get that much snow in April? In Kansas, no less! It snowed all afternoon Thursday, but it was already gone by Friday afternoon.
Please note that between today and tomorrow (April 13-14) we are supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow, and it is supposed to accumulate at a rate of one inch per hour!




Noah was trying to get my phone. He likes to climb on me.
Awww...all cuddled up!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful boy! I can't wait to see him again.

I vote yes on letting him have the teddy bear. It's so sweet that he loves it! What a great idea to use it as a distraction from pulling his hair!

And since you're welcoming opinions, I'd say I'm personally more worried about the crib bumper pads than the bear. I hate to think about his little head being up against the rails, but those bumper pads are awfully easy to get little noses smooshed up against.

I hope you all have a happy weekend and that the snow passes you by!

Amanda Ring said...

Well, we were thinking about taking out the bumper, that is also up for consideration. One night Brian went to check on him because he was fussing, and he had lifted up the bumper and was rubbing his head against the bars! So if he can lift it up and do that anyway, maybe we should take it off? I dunno! But I do worry about him suffocating against it...

Joe, Chels, Julius, Jonah, and Caedmon said...

You guys are too cute!!! I love the picture of you guys peeking through the house....you're such a good mom Amanda!! And not to leave you out Brian, you are a wonderful dad as well, especially after seeing you rough around with Julius last weekend!!

Anyway, about the teddy bear...here are my thoughts! I think that it's a great idea to use it as a distraction. It looks as though it is fairly firm...you know what I mean. I would worry if it were a big, plushy, furry bear but it doesn't seem that at all. And I agree with Tina, the bumper pad seems like more of a threat than the bear. I always kind of worried about the bumper pad with Julius. So really, I don't think that the bear could be very harmful!!

I cannot believe you guys are getting that much snow!! How crazy! I bet you never imagined that when you were planting a couple of weeks ago!!!

We'll see you this weekend...Yeah!!!!

grandma jan said...

Bear stays, bumper pads go, been wanting to say that for quite awhile, but didn't want to offer unsolicited advice. On the subject of bears, offer Noah his Pooh bear, it was designed for infants and he's big enough to play with it now.

Loved the pictures, especially the green beans and turkey mug shot.

We are looking forward to seeing the three of you soon.

Anonymous said...

Jan, I LOVE IT!!!

Amanda, you can always get him cuddled up to sleep with the bear and then when you check on him take it out!

Anything else we can help you with??? Seriously, that is neat that you are asking! Love, your mother!

Amanda Ring said...

I figured it is a good way to get advice! I mean...a lot of experienced moms (and dads) look at our blog, so it is really quite convenient!!!

Thanks everyone for the advice! It really helps :) But...one last question...do i need to worry about Noah hitting his head on the bumper? Because I worry about that :(

Amanda Ring said...

I am not sure what Amanda meant by hitting his head on the bumper, but I believe that she was meaning if we didn't have the bumper, wouldn't we have to worry about him hitting his head on the wood. This is a great worry that I have because when he gets mad and can't get to sleep he likes to rub his head on things, pretty much whatever is around, including objects that wouldn't feel to good, like the wood bars. So, I almost worry that he would get hurt worse without the bumpers, that with them.

Brian