
I really like how I say I'll post about the piano "later this week" and, two months later, here the post finally is! I don't know why its so late...it isn't like I have anything else going on in my life, right?
OKay, so the story about the piano---because its a really great story!--it was FREE! I am on the Salina Freecycle site, so I get all these emails about people looking for things or giving things away, and everything that is posted on it has to be free. So I check one day and someone had sent an email for a free piano, and I emailed the lady back to see if it was still available and it was. We drove out to look at it, and the store on the piano is that they were moving to Omaha, and didn't want to have to move the piano, so they figured they'd just leave it in Salina. They got the piano for free, so they thought they'd pay it forward, I guess, and give it away too.
The piano is originally from a church in Chapman, Kansas, which had a tornado go through it in June of 2008 and destroy about 80% of the town. Three churches, including the one where the piano is originally from, were destroyed. So, needless to say, the piano is pretty beat up, lots of dings and scratches, the key cover needs to be fixed, and the ivory from the top of one of the keys is missing, but other than that its in really good shape!


Bells standing on a box to reach the keys: the piano may have made it through the tornado, but the bench was destroyed. Kind of weird, isn't it? So we need to get a bench of some sort for it. I'm thinking about getting a big black leather storage ottoman and putting legs on it instead of getting a traditional piano bench. Then we'd have storage and a bench.
I really love this piano. I don't think we could have found a better match for our decor. Aren't the black laquer accents around the edges cool? I've never seen a piano like this before. 
"Hey Brian, lets take a picture of the kids in front of the new piano!"
Take 1

Take 2

Take 3
Ah! Take 4. Finally :)
4 comments:
Very cool piano and awesome story too!! Are the kids having fun with it? I like your idea of a storage bench too. I love the pictures of the kids. Is Isaac laughing in Take 2?
Hey, the kids look so cute and I bet they love the piano too. Now they can practice before they go to GMA's to play. GMA/GPA
Yes, the kids LOVE the piano! We made a sign that says "Shh..it's quiet time!" so that when Isaac is sleeping...or I need a break from it...they know not to play.
Take 2? Not really sure what Isaac is doing there! He's either laughing or screeching...he does a lot of both and they sound pretty similar
We love the piano! And your playing! Glad you got it! And what a wonderful family! Love, Mama Nana
Post a Comment