Thursday, May 07, 2009

And here comes baby number three!!

Yup! We're expecting again! Baby Number Three is due November 6th. We've known for a while, and haven't necessarily been keeping it a secret but have been hesitant to tell people because we were having a few troubles early on. But, all that has been resolved (with three ultrasounds to prove it!) and everything seems to be coming along nicely.


My last OB appointment was on Friday, and everything went great. The baby's heartbeat was 150...once Dr. Prendergast could find it! I kept hearing this funny noise as he was running the monitor over my stomach (it reminded me of the sounds the grown-ups in the Charlie Brown movies made when they talked...ya know that "MWAH-mwu-MWAH mwah mwaaaaaah" sound?) and I guess it was the baby moving around and rnning and arm of leg across the receptor of the monitor! Both of th eother kids were VERY active...once they started moving my stomach was in constant motion...but don't remember either of them doing that. Noah kicked the monitor a couple times but nothing like this...so I may be in for it with this baby!


Dr. Prendergast also said that he speculates the problems I'd had with the pregnancy early on, as well as the cramping I'm still feeling now, may be because I just got pregnant so soon after my previous C-section. Which really makes a lot of sense.


But we're due November 6th, which puts me at about 14 weeks. We'll go probably a week early or so because of the c-section, but hopefully I won't be in the hospital over halloween! :)


In other news, Noah has recently decided that he is going to be a "doctuwr wike Papa and Doctwur Nett" (aka, Dr. Burnett, our family doc). So on Friday Noah insisted he bring in his own "doctor stuff" to the apointment: His stethescope, blood pressure cuff, syringe, and a few other medical odds and ends. Dr. Prendergast and Lori, his nurse, were so nice about it and showed him how to use them. Lori even pretended to take Noah's blood pressure to show him how to use his blood pressure cuff and stethescope at the same time! I wish I would have thought to get pictures...it was so sweet :)


Well we'll keep everyone updated as we go along, but here are some pictures from our most recent ultrasound that we had on April 10th that I've been meaning to get up here! Enjoy :)

A good profile shot...the baby was waving at us in this picture! Thats its hand sticking up above the torso.

The heart beating

Baby's heartrate was 165 that day




A good labeled one for those like me who have trouble distinguishing what's what in the ultrasound pictures :)


I love the caption on this one:
"hi mom and dad
hi noah and bella
i can't wait to meet you!!!"
If you click on any of the pictures it will enlarge them.

5 comments:

Chels said...

I'm so happy you posted these... I meant to ask you to bring them the last time you were up, I've been excited to see them! It's so cool how the baby is so developed early on! I know it was super stressful to have all those ultrasounds but I think it's so neat that you got to see the baby change so quickly!

Megan said...

Congratulations!! We're so happy everything is going good now. It's great to see the ultrasounds. And Noah will make a great Dr. too. Love you guys.

Aunt Cyndi said...

Wonderful to see the updated reports! I am so tickled everything is going smoother now after your rough start. We think of you often and we love you!

Anonymous said...

So how soon before you know what the sex is? I enlarged them as you said and they look great!! Am so glad all is back to normal again. Thanks for taking the time to share. Grandma Adams

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good news!
~Julie Jordan