Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Welcome to our family, little fishies!

We would like to introduce you to the newest members of our family: Smiley, Zip, and Jack Bauer, our new fish!
I have been bugging Brian for a dog since we got married, and considering that we don't have grass yet, a dog wouldn't be the best of ideas. Noah has gotten increasingly annoyed with my constant begging for a dog, so for Valentine's Day, he decided that he was going to get his mommy a fish tank! (I think he got the idea from his daddy, because his daddy wasn't supposed to get me anything for Valentine's Day...those sneaky boys!) So we got it all set up, and yesterday we went to buy our fish! They are so much fun, and we all love finally having pets!

Getting it all set up.
Noah telling us where to put the decorative rocks we got.
Just brought home from the fish store and still in their bags getting used to the water (you can hardly see them!) From the left: Jack Bauer, a black fish; Zip, a really tiny red and silver fish; and Smiley, our plecostomus (sucker fish).
Noah loves them! After we got them into the tank, he sat in his high chair watching them...I think I found his new favorite past time!
Thanks Noah for your wonderful Valentine's Day present...and Brian for helping him carry it :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I just wanted to let you know I can't see any fish pictures on my computer, but it sounds like Noah got you a cool gift.