I've been trying to get a moment to put an Isaac update on and I finally have a chance to!
Isaac is now 7 pounds 14 ounces...or at least he was at his two week check up. Which is already a week and a half ago! Time has been going a little quickly for us lately! He is such a good natured baby. He will usually sleep for one stretch of 4 or 5 hours at night and got the day/night thing figured out right away. So we've actually been pretty well rested around here. Which is really good for us! Noah and Isabelle have been adjusting REALLY well to the changes. They both ask where Isaac is when he is napping and always want to hug him, kiss him, talk to him...I have such sweet kiddos :)
So here are the very belated pictures from the hospital and on:
Our last picture as parents of two!
Meeting Mom and Dad! With Dr. Prendergast in the operating room. During the surgery, right as he was about to get Isaac out, he said, "Oh, I see lots of light hair!" Brian and I looked at each other, very confused, and I asked him "Are you sure?" He apparently thought that was pretty funny...but who would have thought that we would have such a blondie? Especially as dark as Noah and Isabelle were when they were born!
I got to hold Isaac right away this time! After the nurse got him cleaned up a little and wrapped in a blankie she came and laid him on my chest and I got to hold him for a few minutes! With Noah and Bella it was about an hour and a half or two hours before I was able to hold them or spend any time with them, because after about another 20 minutes of surgery there was an hour of recovery, then waiting for the baby to come to me from the nursery. But with Isaac, I got to have him in recovery with me so I got to watch him get cleaned up and get his footprints and everything. I hadn't been able to do that with either of the older kids...it was sooooo great to be there for the beginning of his life!

Isaac getting his footprints done! THis is Sonya, who was our favorite baby nurse. She was the nurse who detected the respiratory problems that Isaac had right away and took such good care of him.
Settled in the room, snuggling with a very proud daddy!

With Mama Nana...
And Papa Nana...
He makes this face a lot. Its pretty cute :)

Meeting his big bro...
...who had an accident at the hospital and had to change into Bella's pants. They were a little short on him :)

Visiting Isaac in the NICU. I mentioned earlier that Isaac had some respiratory distress when he was born, which they said was TTN (Not sure what that is or what is stands for...just something I can't pronounce. Maybe Dad Meduna can comment on that if he gets a chance?). After being in the room with us for about 2 hours he had to go for a chest xray and blood work, which showed that there was some fluid in his lungs but no signs of infection. THey kept him in the NICU overnight and he could only come into the room for feedings and then go back. It wouldn't have been so bad but I couldn't get out of bed until pretty late that night, so I couldn't go see him. Brian went back and forth quite a bit to make sure he was okay but I got pretty lonely without him :(
I got to hold Isaac right away this time! After the nurse got him cleaned up a little and wrapped in a blankie she came and laid him on my chest and I got to hold him for a few minutes! With Noah and Bella it was about an hour and a half or two hours before I was able to hold them or spend any time with them, because after about another 20 minutes of surgery there was an hour of recovery, then waiting for the baby to come to me from the nursery. But with Isaac, I got to have him in recovery with me so I got to watch him get cleaned up and get his footprints and everything. I hadn't been able to do that with either of the older kids...it was sooooo great to be there for the beginning of his life!
Isaac getting his footprints done! THis is Sonya, who was our favorite baby nurse. She was the nurse who detected the respiratory problems that Isaac had right away and took such good care of him.
Settled in the room, snuggling with a very proud daddy!
With Mama Nana...
And Papa Nana...
He makes this face a lot. Its pretty cute :)
Meeting his big bro...
...who had an accident at the hospital and had to change into Bella's pants. They were a little short on him :) 
Visiting Isaac in the NICU. I mentioned earlier that Isaac had some respiratory distress when he was born, which they said was TTN (Not sure what that is or what is stands for...just something I can't pronounce. Maybe Dad Meduna can comment on that if he gets a chance?). After being in the room with us for about 2 hours he had to go for a chest xray and blood work, which showed that there was some fluid in his lungs but no signs of infection. THey kept him in the NICU overnight and he could only come into the room for feedings and then go back. It wouldn't have been so bad but I couldn't get out of bed until pretty late that night, so I couldn't go see him. Brian went back and forth quite a bit to make sure he was okay but I got pretty lonely without him :(
He had cleared most of the fluid out of his lungs by the next morning so he got to come back to us! The sleep was nice, but it was very lonely without him.
About Isaac's name--we had decided a while ago to have his middle name be Leo, but couldn't decide on a first name. We had it narrowed down to three that we liked and then let Dad pick his name from those three (Isaac, James, or Dominic). And we think it fits him perfectly!

Holly and Bells hanging out

Ready to go home!



Home! Bella was up and ready to greet us when we got there...Noah got to see us a little while later after he woke up from his nap. It felt soooooo good to be home!

We had quite the welcoming commitee at our house! All of the Medunas were there-Mom and Dad, Mike, Rebecca and Baby Paige, Joe, CHels, Julius, Jonah, and Caed. Oh, and of course Sarah came with Mom and Dad :) So really, EVERYONE was there! It was really nice to show off our new guy and it was great to see everyone.
Hm. Not sure who looks more tired? Papa has a right be tired...these kids have a LOT of energy!!
Ha. Both my brothers are changing diapers. I think thats hilarious :)
Reading with Teta Becca

We have to watch this one...she tries to steal our baby.

Grandma's here! Sharon came to stay with us on Sunday and was here for a week tohelp out...I got LOTS of sleep! And the kids of course loved the extra cuddle time with Grandma!


After Isaac's first bath! He wasn't too happy about it...
Daddy's going back to work! The kids didn't want him to leave :(



Having a picnic with Noah in the living room :)
Meme and Pappy, Brian's grandma and grandpa were in McPherson for a funeral so they got to come see Isaac too.

The Bonillas came to see us at the hospital. (That's the family I babysit for). Chelsea had fun getting some snuggles in, and Holly didn't really seem to know who I was! I think she was confused since we weren't at home...but after awhile she wanted to come sit on the bed with me so that made me feel better :)
Holly and Bells hanging out
Ready to go home!



Home! Bella was up and ready to greet us when we got there...Noah got to see us a little while later after he woke up from his nap. It felt soooooo good to be home!
We had quite the welcoming commitee at our house! All of the Medunas were there-Mom and Dad, Mike, Rebecca and Baby Paige, Joe, CHels, Julius, Jonah, and Caed. Oh, and of course Sarah came with Mom and Dad :) So really, EVERYONE was there! It was really nice to show off our new guy and it was great to see everyone. Everyone went to church on Saturday night, came back here for BBQ (mmmm, Hickory Hut!) then went swimming at the hotel. Then everyone came back in themorning to hang out. It was fun...its funny seeing so many people in our house, though!
Noah especially had fun seeing Paige--he kept thinking Isaac was Baby Paige at the hospital.
Hm. Not sure who looks more tired? Papa has a right be tired...these kids have a LOT of energy!!
Ha. Both my brothers are changing diapers. I think thats hilarious :)
Reading with Teta Becca
We have to watch this one...she tries to steal our baby.
Grandma's here! Sharon came to stay with us on Sunday and was here for a week tohelp out...I got LOTS of sleep! And the kids of course loved the extra cuddle time with Grandma!

After Isaac's first bath! He wasn't too happy about it...
Daddy's going back to work! The kids didn't want him to leave :(


Having a picnic with Noah in the living room :)
Meme and Pappy, Brian's grandma and grandpa were in McPherson for a funeral so they got to come see Isaac too.



















4 comments:
Love the pictures!! Isaac is such a cutie. The three kids together are so precious. Thanks for sharing.
I just loved all the pics. That blondie belongs in this side of the family and Rob had that fuzz on his body also. What a doll and what a beautiful family. Love you all, Grandma
Hey you!! Long time since I commented on your blog! Congrats! What a beautiful family you have Amanda! Dan and I are going to have another baby we found out this week, I am one month....so yeay!! And the family grows!!
YOUR FAMILY IS ADORABLE. You are so blessed.
Love and MIss you miby ibamibandibah- Amy :)
Post a Comment