Well, we had quite the surprise this weekend. We were expecting my parents and Sarah, our dog, to come down to see us Friday night. Noah and I were waiting outside for them to arrive, and when they pulled up, they informed me that they had a stow away: My newphew, Julius! I was so thrilled to see him, and was really excited Joe and Chelsea let my parents steal their son for the night to see us--we miss everyone so much! So we had a blast playing, and watching Julius and Noah play together (they are going to be such buddies!)
Yay! Our little stow away!
Julius loves this toy: it blows air through it and pops little plastic balls up into the air. Noah loves it but can only watch. I think his cousin was showing him how to chase after them :)
Noah was happy as long as he could bite on the edge. It made the balls hit him in the face a little, but it was so cute :) And he didn't seem to mind. Julius is going to be so gentle with his little brother, Jonah, like he is with Noah. He's a great big brother and big cousin!
"Sarah? Uh-oh, Sarah?" Julius is trying to figure out why we won't let his buddy Sarah come inside to play with him.Well we had a blast playing with Julius, and a few hours later, the doorbell rang. All I saw was a baby carrier sitting on our doorstep--My nephew Jonah! Joe and Chels were waiting around the corner of the garage for me to find the little present they left at my door. What a surprise! They decided (on a whim, because they are both pretty spontaneous) to just take a family trip! It worked out so well-we got to see our nephews, they got to see their nephews, and of course we all had a blast hanging out and catching up. It had been so long since we'd seen them and we were really missing them. They even brought their dog, Coal, to keep Sarah company in the back yard!
Brian got a surprise later when we showed up at his office. Julius came running down the sidewalk to see him with his daddy trailing behind. Brian was so excited for the surprise!
Watching the fishies at the mall aquarium. We all went to look at the fish and let Julius run around and wear himself out."Well," said Pa (grandpa), "Maybe not. But we'll take you fishing soon."
Joe looked around with a tear in his eye. "What about me, Dad? Do I get to go?"
"If you behave," Pa (grandpa/dad) answered. 

"Aunt Chelsea, will you put a diaper on me? Mommy lets me be naked too much."
Beautiful babies...and baby buns.
Indecent exposure? Joe and Chels changing Julius on the park bench. We all went to the park on Saturday afternoon. It was a lot of fun to run around with Julius and hang out at the same place where mom and dad used to take us as kids when a younger version of the Meduna family was living in Salina.
Sweet baby Jonah all snuggled up with his Grandma.
Thank you all sooooooooo much for the wonderful visit! We had such a blast!

11 comments:
What a wonderful time for all of you to get back together again! We love seeing the pictures of all of you. Love you all!
Blog Author's Disclamer:
Due to a slight confusion by an avid reader of our blog, we thought that it should be noted that the little conversation typed underneath the picture of Joe, Dad, and Julius at the aquarium was purely fictional. Julius does not have a vocabulary this large (yet), and Joe was not crying. It was simply an artistic liberty taken by the author to express the scenario imagined in her overly active and creative brain as it was what came into her mind when viewing this picture. It was simply the conversation as she imagined it may have gone, had Julius been able to ask his Pa to take him fishing. We apologize for any inconvenience and confusion this may have caused.
It is worth noting, however, that the writer truly does feel that if Pa/Grandpa Meduna/Older Dad Meduna/Leo had told Julius he would take him fishing and had not extended the fishing offer to his father, Joe/Younger Dad Meduna/Brother/Uncle Joe, Joe may have in fact been resolved to tears of sorrow. Or at least a singular tear of sorrow. Again, this is only the author's opinion.
Thank you,
The Ring Family
I concur with the above disclaimer!
It was such a spontaneous and wonderful weekend! I just wish we had drug Mike & Rebecca! Julius was the perfect stow away! He had more fun with his Pa in the front seat and even imitated him when he napped! He quietly was going: "pa,pa,pa,pa" and then fell asleep! Such wonderful memories!
maybe a single tear
Jeesh, Amanda! You should go to law school!
By the way,Joe, wanna go fishing with me and Julius this summer? Nothing fancy just some worms and bobbers and when Julius gets board we'll putter around the lake!
Additional Blog Author's Disclaimer:
It should be noted that any invitations extended to anyone through the use of this blog should also be extended to the person/persons who are in charge of the blog upkeep. For example, if John Doe keeps a blog, and Frank Smith writes a comment on that blog inviting another blog commenter to an activity, John Doe should also be invited simply because his blog was the means through which the invitation was extended. Failure to extend the invitation to John Doe as well may, in fact, resolve him to tears of sorrow.
It should also be mentioned that the law of Amanda going to law school, while interesting, is impractical: the Ring family would waste all investment, in the form of tuition, applied to her schooling due to the fact that she would ultimately be laughed out of the class room due to her ultra conservative beliefs.
Additionally, the blog authors still feel that Joe/Younger Dad Meduna/Brother/Uncle Joe would more than likely shed more that one single tear of sorrow if not invited to go fishing. At least two for sure.
Thank you,
The Ring Family
I absolutely love your conversations! You have me laughing with my coffee this morning! I look forward to Revisiting this site.
Humph! Aunt Cyndi is enjoying the conversations but I can't figure out what is going on! I guess I owe a sincere apology to John Doe. That Frank Smith is sure a jerk!
Hey Mommy/Noah's mom/Brian's Wife/Amanda/Poopsie, would you and your family like to go fishing too?
Ave Maria Law school would be mighty conservative but they are in Florida so may be a bit of a commute. Can you study law On-Line?
I'm still not sold on the whole law school thing. That would take too much time away from my little family. And I don't see Brian enough during tax season as it is!
But yes, my family would love to also go fishing :) Thanks for the invite, that was so thoughtful of you, Pa/Grandpa Meduna/Older Dad Meduna/Leo! We're looking forward to it!
I agree with my mom. You guys crack me up. Thanks for the laughs.
Ok I know I am a little late adding to the comments previously viewed...but I was just recently informed with the actions that are currently unraveling in my family. Ring Family your pictures are amazing, you guys look great. Noah is the cutest little thing I've seen, his cousins are right there with him...Don't worry Joe and Chels I didn't forget about your two adorable boys!!! I love you guys so much, and I am currently saving my funds to make a trip down to the Midwest to visit you all.
PS...I didn't enjoy this with a cup of coffee, but I did just wake up and it has made my day!!! And gave me a couple of laughs along the way!!
Post a Comment