Sunday, November 05, 2006

More big news!!!

Hi everyone! When we found out that we were moving to Salina, we decided it would be nice to have somewhere to live. Mom drove down with me on Wednesday and Thursday to look at houses with the intention of scouting out the situation and then coming back so Brian and I could make the final decision...well, I found THE house, fell in love with it, and put in an offer the same day without Brian having even seen it! We went back and forth with the seller all day Friday, and the realtor called yesterday...to tell us it is OURS!
It has three bedrooms and two bathrooms...so far. The basement is unfished but framed, so we will have a fun project to work on. There will be another bedroom and bathroom down there when we are finished...which may be a while!


The front...what curb appeal!

The beautiful dining room and kitchen...


That are open to the living room! The main space is all open between the living room, dining room, and kitchen. And it is a big area!! :)

Noah and I felt right at home, as you can see! The house faces north, so we will get that great sunlight in all day long...a big and VERY welcome change from our dark apartment!


A view of the back of the house from the edge of the property line. What a big back yard! We are excited to have a yard in general, let alone one this big!

One of the best parts of the house: our view of Brian's office...from our dining room window!! We are right across the street, and so close that he could walk to work. Noah and I are looking forward to waving at Brian when we miss him while he is at work...and we're home playing ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fun trip Amanda! I loved it! You are making a GREAT decision, especially compared to the other 13 houses we looked at!! They were so dumpy(well except the new ones)! This house has it all and it is SO homey! I love the location across from Brian's work, and it is "going home" for you as you were proudly brought home from the hospital when we lived there, only about 2 miles away down the same street!

Noah is the best little traveler ever! He was unimpressed with the houses though, except this one, he could stretch out and make himself at home! Love, Mom

Amanda Ring said...

Yup! Noah put his seal of approval on this one by stretching out and enjoying the fluffy, soft carpet!

I can't wait to see him crawl and play in the new house!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news and the house looks super - - and you are buying and not renting? What a wonderful first home this will be and we're so happy for you. Congrats!
Love, Grandma and Grandpa Adams

Amanda Ring said...

Yup! It is 100% ours! We are sooooo excited to be home owners!! We are both ready to be done with this apartment stuff!

Joe, Chels, Julius, Jonah, and Caedmon said...

You guys, your house looks so cute! I can't wait to see it! I'm so happy for you, it's going to be so much fun to make it "home"!!! We'll definitely be making a trip down to see you...hopefully our new one will be as good on the road as Noah seems to be!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! The house looks wonderful, absolutely wonderful! So many exciting positive things going on in your life - you guys are doing just great! We love you, Aunt Cyndi

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely FANTASTIC!! I love it, Love It, LOVE IT! Congratulations Rings! :) -Ang

Anonymous said...

You guys got busy after we left you Wed night. I am so happy for both of you. It is such a cute house. I know it had to be a fun time for you and your mom. We are all looking forward to getting together with you guys. See I knew there was a reason we stayed in Lincoln. HA It seems like a small world to think your kids could grow up around our kid's kids. I know they will have just as much fun as you guys did. So many memories. If there is anything we can do for you we are just a phone call away. CONGRATS.\, and Gods Blessings
Love Tina